How many eggs are you hatching now?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelleyd2008, May 21, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    As of today, I have (between 2 incubators): 34 guinea, 99 coturnix, 16 ameraucana, 7 turkey, 7 pheasant, 6 duck, and 12 mixed eggs (from my birds). Under the broodies I have: 81 chicken, 11 duck (rouen duck broody), and at least 6 guinea (have 3 broody guineas, have only been able to check 1 of the nests). I have 2 other chicken hens that are on eggs, but I can't find the nests [​IMG] So who knows how many eggs they have! [​IMG]

So what's cooking in your bators or under your broodies? [​IMG]

2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Your going to be busy!

I have 21 Australorp eggs that I am hatching for Poco, 10 Texas A&M that I am hatching for my Boss, 21 Aloha eggs from Laree, 8 Spitzhauben's and 6 Blue Copper Marans from Mamawolf, 15 eggs from my Coronation Split Sussex pair, and a few Silkie eggs.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I won't be too busy! The quail and guineas are already sold, I just need them to hatch first [​IMG] I'm very good at killing turkeys and pheasants, so Idk if they'll even hatch. Most of the babies that are in these eggs will be sold, and a few of the mamas as well. The only ones I'm keeping are the ameraucanas, turkeys, and pheasants, and maybe a few of the quail [​IMG]

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    7 BCMs 2 Olive Eggers 12 Buff Laced Polish 8EEs and 10 Games

5. kipoley

kipoley In the Brooder

Mar 28, 2010
    BFE Assyria, MI
    I have 9 bantam Amerucana in lock down beside 4 black pheasants for a friend. NO MORE this season. No more. No more. No more. Unless they are buff silkies [​IMG]

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I've got seven Old English Game Bantams and fourteen blue/black Orpingtons in their second week right now. Those are for other folks, I'm just hatching for them.

Tonight I set more White Midget turkey eggs. Not sure how many as I may receive the payment for a hatching egg order today which will impact how many I set. At least twenty, maybe forty or more.

Next Friday I'll set some mixed breed chicken eggs to hatch with the turkeys. Those will likely be mostly Cuckoo Maran/Rhode Island Red crosses with a spinkling of others.

7. wthchristi

wthchristi Chick-A-Palooza

Jun 14, 2009
    Kent
    Hmmm....12 b/s orps and 8 lav orps from gumpsgirl, 16 split lav orp eggs from hinkjc, 8 bcm and 5 blue marans from monkeying around and 10 delawares and 8 java from someone else on BYc (forgot who). Waiting on 12 BLRW from Big Boy and 24+ buff orps from greenfamilyfarm.

Almost done hatching for the season, just finishing putting together my flocks. Not entirely who will stay and who will go until later in the summer. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Songster

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    Too many [​IMG] I just set some of my eggs. 9 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks, 6 Blue and Black Copper Marans, 5 Golden Cuckoo Marans, 16 Black Copper Marans. So my hatching date should be 6/10. These are all shipped eggs and a few have not so good air cells but most of them looked great before I set them now I don't candle until 7 days so I will know then how many might make it.

9. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Shelly, you are my hero! I just had 4 of 6 orpingtons hatch, have 14 more due of my own Lavender/black orps the 26th. I'm waiting for 15 Pekin eggs(never done ducks [​IMG] ) they should be here tomorrow. Then I'm supposed to be getting about 4 dozen more orps from a couple places by the end of the month. I think they'll all just fit - it is gonna be close though!

10. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

6 Light Sussex and 7 Coturnix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by