how many eggs can a chicken lay in one day?

hi i was jest wondering how many eggs can a chicken lay in one day?
A normal chicken can lay an egg approximately once every 24 to 26 hours. It is possible for a breed such as a white leghorn to occasionally lay one egg in the morning and one egg in the evening. The egg laid in the evening is usually soft shelled and that chicken won't normally lay an egg the next day.

A normal chicken can lay an egg approximately once every 24 to 26 hours. It is possible for a breed such as a white leghorn to occasionally lay one egg in the morning and one egg in the evening. The egg laid in the evening is usually soft shelled and that chicken won't normally lay an egg the next day.
thanks!

Mine Crested Cream Legbar Hen laid 2 today. I literally checked the coop 3 times today after finding a rogue nest yesterday.
I only have one hen that lays blue eggs. She laid her first one on the 19th of September & I have collected 17 blue eggs since then.

I have 1 girl (a Delaware) that is doing 2-3 eggs per day, the third is always at night, and is in the floor this morning. She eats a lot of oyster shell and egg shell to keep the egg shells all good. IDK how long she will do this, she will soon molt, and my hope is this will correct when she does,,,
BTW her eggs do not hatch though show to be fertile when checked,,,

Back
Top Bottom