Chirping
7 Years
Feb 4, 2012
At My Farm!
I got 4 out of 5.
jumpy.gif
I wish Sally would start laying!

Well, 3/6 - sorta.

The 2 new rescues aren't laying yet - and neither is the White Leghorn. Or so Ithought - I think she laid her first egg in the run today and it got stepped on and squished. It was small and white and it doesn't look eaten, just destroyed. Got my fingers crossed for another - whole - one tomorrow!

I'll join! I got 6 out of 14. My pullets are just starting to lay since last Thursday. The breeds that I have observed laying are 2 each of Dominique, Australorp and, to my surprise, Light Brahma's. I had read that LB are slow to mature and it could take a good 7 or 8 months to start laying but I think that actually 2 of the three are already laying at 25 weeks. The biggest Dominique was first to lay and she has become even sweeter than she already was. She fell asleep in my lap yesterday after laying an egg. She deserved it too!
smile.png

The welsumers and two wyandottes are still not laying, I don't think. The Welsumers have become very pecky and moody as of late so I hope that that means they're getting ready, soeme of them are also squatting. The wyandottes -- I have no clue. They don't squat, don't let me near them and show no signs of interest in the nest box.

Back
Top Bottom