How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3/4 today. I need to stop being sick so I can eat some of these. I've got 3 dozen in the fridge! XD

One of the eggs I got was the strangest shape I've found so far. XD

9/12 today. Best day has been 11/12. Our girls are still young. I don't think everyone is laying yet. I can't wait for a 12/12 day!

7 eggs out of 9 hens. The newbie pullet/hen has cut back to 1 egg every 3 days.But at least she has started. She has 4 other hatch mates who are still waiting, unless they are taking turns and are a lot less regular than I would expect.

what are you feeding? Most times chickens eat eggs because they NEED to eat them, but once the diet is taken care of they stop. (Higher protein or keeping the feeder full at all times are the usual solutions)
they eat layer pellets, 30% turkey starter, fermented feed, dry cat food, dry dog food, whatever bugs they catch, lizards, grass, table leftovers, etc...

they eat layer pellets, 30% turkey starter, fermented feed, dry cat food, dry dog food, whatever bugs they catch, lizards, grass, table leftovers, etc...
why all the different things? What are you fermenting? I would cut out the snacks and see if she stops (table scraps, scratch, etc)
Is there food available to them all day long? Or does the feeder go empty?

why all the different things? What are you fermenting? I would cut out the snacks and see if she stops (table scraps, scratch, etc)
Is there food available to them all day long? Or does the feeder go empty?
The layer feed and turkey starter is always available. The variety comes from things my neighbors throw over into our empty lot, where the chickens spend the day. I ferment the turkey starter.

Back
Top Bottom