How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

So far three eggs out of one hen this morning....check this out! My granddaugher spend the night here and she wanted to check for eggs. This monster is what she found in one of the nests.

112 grams! That's not even on the egg size chart...

This is compared to an egg that weighed out at x-Large

It's HUGE!! The only way I'm gonna know who laid this one is to go out and see which hen is limping!

So far three eggs out of one hen this morning....check this out! My granddaugher spend the night here and she wanted to check for eggs. This monster is what she found in one of the nests.

It's HUGE!! The only way I'm gonna know who laid this one is to go out and see which hen is limping!
I wonder how many yokes it has. You'll have to keep us updated!

My dad has this story about a hen he had as a kid. He says the hen was attacked by a dog one day. After it recovered, it started laying huge eggs once a week, but they always had 5 yokes.

Oh my gosh, poor girl! I think her bum needs an ice pack! My BA's eggs are only weighing in at about 32 g right now!!

I've been getting one in the morning and one in the evening out of 5 girls that are getting ready to lay. My RIR girl is having a hard time though, they are either as big as a quarter or rubbery shelled. :(

My BSL has it down though! She'll sing and sing, go lay her egg, and walk out like la-de-da, no biggie! :p

2nd day of 4 eggs/14 hens(maybe), but that is up last week when we first started finding eggs it was 2eggs/14 hens(maybe). We didn't find any eggs yesterday, I guess everybody took Sunday as a day of rest! We are almost out of the intermediate feed, so we should be starting a new bag of grownup laying feed this week, I'm guessing that will help! My "girls" are approx 20 weeks old now.

5 Chicken egg's today
smile.png

And it cooled off to day as it was only 109 F degrees is it was 115 F degrees for the last couple of days
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom