How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3 again today. If Ghost doesn't lay within the next day or so I'm going to have to catch her and check her vent area just to make sure she's not egg bound. I'm pretty sure it's just the weather, but want to be sure.

30 eggs Friday.

We share our eggs with neighbors, friends and family. Some of what we received in return within the last week was fresh green peppers, jalapeño peppers, squash, fresh corn, fresh tomatoes and about a bushel of fresh peas. More peas tomorrow.

One of my brothers came over this week and caught fish from the lake and shared them with other family members.
Oh yeah, he brought broccoli plants one day, also.

We get lots of eggs and the eggs is some of what we share.

Can't wait to get home from holiday and see what the girls have been up to...other half says they have been good but I think one has been broody for going on 5 weeks now. Might have to get a broody breaker!

13/25

This is an average day.

WHY?  Why am I only getting just over 50% laying rate?

I have:
3 Buff Orpingtons (17 months)
2 Black Australorps (17 months)

4 Cuckoo Marans (17 months)
4 Rhode Islad Reds (17 months)
2 Black Australorps (13 months)
2 Australorp/RIR mix (11 months)
4 ISA browns (7 months, most (all?) laying)
4 Easter Eggers (6-7 months, all laying)

Plenty of food and water, about 330 sq' of room plus roosts and nesting boxes, pasture time in the evenings.....

Could having three roosters be the problem? (Planning to process one soon).

Your lucky..... I get anywhere from 0 to 2 right now from my 12 laying hens and 10 5-6 month old pullets.:plbb
Just kidding... Don't you hate molting season??????? I hope your rate of egg laying goes up soon!

Back
Top Bottom