How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I got 6 of 6 eggs today, for the first time!! That means Sophia- a Barred Rock, is the last to start laying. They are 22 weeks this week. I have a mix of Cali White, Barred Rock and Sex link. The first one, a Cali White, laid at 18 weeks.

Got my food scale and weighed a bunch of the already collected eggs from the l last week. I have a few eggs in the low 60's, most in the 50's, a few in the 40's and Sophia's first egg was 32g LOL

The first pic : middle egg is the Sophia's from today and the other two are ones that weighed 65g and 63g

Second pic are the eggs collected today.

egg compare.jpg
l

eggs1.JPG

I finally got my first egg! My amazing EE Amelia layed it earlier, and it is such a pretty shade of blue. I hollowed it out, and I’m thinking about making it into a Christmas ornament. An eggshell is a pretty, and cheap, decoration.

Here’s a picture of it when I first found it. It had some blood on it, but I’m pretty sure that’s normal for younger pullets when they first start.
0E19CB51-D61B-420C-9DBC-B40511E2E1A7.jpeg

I finally got my first egg! My amazing EE Amelia layed it earlier, and it is such a pretty shade of blue. I hollowed it out, and I’m thinking about making it into a Christmas ornament. An eggshell is a pretty, and cheap, decoration.

Here’s a picture of it when I first found it. It had some blood on it, but I’m pretty sure that’s normal for younger pullets when they first start.
View attachment 2292082
That’s a great idea! Who says it’s cheap though? :gig I figure my first egg was around $1600! That is one gorgeous first egg, congratulations!

That’s a great idea! Who says it’s cheap though? :gig I figure my first egg was around $1600! That is one gorgeous first egg, congratulations!
I say it’s cheap, because I don’t want to accept my bad financial skills.

This egg was just so pretty, except for the blood. That kinda made it less pretty, but whatever. I did learn blowing an egg is very hard, I got egg all over my sink. I also figured out I have ants today, which I am not happy about. Two steps forward, one big step back.

View attachment 2292082

Blood small amounts are no worry eggs will get bigger after they have layed
awhile

Back
Top Bottom