How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Forgive my ignorance but why did you freeze them. Fertile eggs still viable after freezing?
Because I have no pullets this year and I don't force my girls to lay through the winter by lighting the coop. Once they all moult, no eggs until mid Feb at least! So I freeze them in silicone muffin cups. You have to mix up the yolk and white, no frothing, just gently mixing them together. They easily pop out of the muffin cups and store in the freezer in a freezer bag. They are good for baking and egg dishes though they make lousy sunny side up ;)

I did learn blowing an egg is very hard, I got egg all over my sink.
You WASTED her egg? :th

10 yesterday plus 2 broken ones. Not even a shell to be found in the one nest just sticky yolk on other eggs and in the shavings. I know Mellori lays thin shell eggs, her shell was still there. Not sure who laid the one in the other nest that wasn't hard enough to withstand the other hens laying. A bit concerning.

6 of 6 for the second day in a row

Any reason for me to keep the ceramic eggs in the nesting boxes? My last go of raising chickens, I had a huge old barn and they ended up somewhere and I never thought much about it. Now I have a small 6x4 coop with 3 boxes inside.

(funny side note, a couple years later my mom is visiting, goes to collect eggs and brought in one of the old ceramic ones, like "hey I found this old egg...". HAHA)

Back
Top Bottom