How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I only got two, but discovered the chickens might be going under the house… I blocked the vent (will get a new screen)… a large number of hens upon discovering the vent was blocked paced and voiced their anxiety… none seemed to fly today after feather clipping on their left wings yesterday. I tuned this old patio furniture piece I have not been able to get to the dump… into a nesting box, it is old plastic wicker… all I had to do was cut a hole in it… it is pretty light weight (the kids moved it into the coop with ease), water won’t damage it, it is portable. meaning it can be placed any where in my yard as needed too. I figure if I place out in open then a board for a roof will be needed. Hopefully the ladies will approve.

3753053B-9DD4-43EF-8711-D3457F6ED079.jpeg

1EAC24F8-2723-4E5A-8E0C-2A312D62473A.jpeg

Wow chrissynemetz

As of right now I think I am getting eggs out the CCL x Welsummers about every day, with so far only one day they didn’t lay once they started… pretty good, and definitely they have started first of the Pullets… hopefully I can get a better idea of who is laying with the things I have done. I know the Black Swedish and her Phoenix buddies are laying… bur not sure how many

Last edited:
I only got two, but discovered the chickens might be going under the house… I blocked the vent (will get a new screen)… a large number of hens upon discovering the vent was blocked paced and voiced their anxiety… none seemed to fly today after feather clipping on their left wings yesterday. I tuned this old patio furniture piece I have not been able to get to the dump… into a nesting box, it is old plastic wicker… all I had to do was cut a hole in it… it is pretty light weight (the kids moved it into the coop with ease), water won’t damage it, it is portable. meaning it can be placed any where in my yard as needed too. I figure if I place out in open then a board for a roof will be needed. Hopefully the ladies will approve.

View attachment 2978606
View attachment 2978607
What a creative way to repurpose! I hope you find lots of eggs in there today!

Back
Top Bottom