How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

19/30 going down
idunno.gif

It is a tourist attraction... there's an auto road and a railroad that essentially goes straight up the mountain... or as close as the laws of physics allow. It's also a great day hike (a long one) if you feel like refreshing temps in the depths of summer since the all-time record high up on top is 72 degrees. Definitely not as high as western mountains but the weather makes up for it.

I don't see anything higher than 25 in the 10 day forecast and I don't expect 50 again before I tap the maples for the year, but I'll keep you posted. If I find someone to watch my toddler I may sneak away for some XC skiing since I haven't been yet this year.
cool.png
Enjoy your thaw!

I rode my motorcycle up Mt. Washington. I waited until they closed the road to traffic coming up before riding down. That was bad enough.....I can't imagine trying to ride down on that gravel with traffic coming the other direction.
ep.gif

Thankfully, they made me leave the cargo trailer at the bottom!

19/30 going down:idunno

:hugs
That was me a few days ago...seems to always be changing.

So yesterday's was 12/23

Today 14/23

Sounds like It is windy out there in Clark Wyoming, who knew Wyoming was windy. ;) I can't think of a single time I have been in Wyoming and it wasn't windy!

The artic blast stayed north of us, today we had a melt fest and the gang ventured out into their free range area for the first time in a week +. Rather funny to watch some as they thought they would be smart and try to fly over to the area, which they did. They landed in a field of snow and then a couple decided they couldn't move after that. I had to go rescue Left Eye, as she is blind in one eye, and appeared to be unable to move any further due to fear of snow? I don't know, but I let her be for 30 minutes and she didn't move from the same spot. Silly girl, so they are definitely wanting to be out and about and probably would be more if they had straw or pathways to get off the snow. I think that makes a big difference in how far they will venture, I noticed a lot of them were on tree branches on the ground, stumps, milk crates, etc.

Looks like I am facing wrist surgery, it is actually more like cutting out some of the bone in my forearm because one bone grew longer than the other and is now causing problems. That doesn't sound like wrist surgery, more like something I don't really want to go through but have no choice as it is bone on bone at this point and no way to fix. The scary part is 6 weeks of immobility and 0 weight bearing activities, not sure what this all means for my plan on hatching chicks and such.

Oh and I have a fridge designated for eggs in a building in the back and we have been gearing up for a big donation to the Vets. I had 144 eggs in there that all froze in our -15 temps last week. The eggs were frozen solid and a bunch are cracked. I have begun thawing and cooking them all, they will either go into dogs treats/food and of course a good chunk will get fed back to the gang. But that sucks cause we were ahead of the ball game with our donations and had a surplus for selling. Oh well, come on girls, no pressure!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom