How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Today was my first four egg day!!!!

4/4/10
clap.gif

AAAWW...it would be fun to try some crossing experiments with you.

I Tossed some white leghorn eggs in my incubator, crossed with my Cream Legbar rooster for the fun of it, since they lay white eggs like the brown leghorn I was thinking I would get light blue egg layers. We shall see if I get pullets and then see what they lay in 4-5 months....long wait....
th.gif
I'll be anxiously awaiting the results!
pop.gif
I'm waiting to see what feather coloring I get from my LBL rooster and Exchequer Leghorn hen cross.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the results!
pop.gif
I'm waiting to see what feather coloring I get from my LBL rooster and Exchequer Leghorn hen cross.
Are you incubating some eggs?

My cross was actually an accident, i couldn't tell the Cream Legbar eggs apart from the Auracana eggs........

Hatch day is tomorrow on pure crested Cream legbars, no egg mix ups in this batch, the next batch (staggered hatch) has the crosses in it).

I hear chirping in my eggs and I have one pip!!!!
wee.gif

Are you incubating some eggs?

My cross was actually an accident, i couldn't tell the Cream Legbar eggs apart from the Auracana eggs........

Hatch day is tomorrow on pure crested Cream legbars, no egg mix ups in this batch, the next batch (staggered hatch) has the crosses in it).

I hear chirping in my eggs and I have one pip!!!!
wee.gif
No, I'd rather let a broody do all the work ... and I have no idea when one might decide she wants to a mom ... waiting ...

No, I'd rather let a broody do all the work ... and I have no idea when one might decide she wants to a mom ... waiting ...
I hear ya! I'm waiting impatiently for my rotund ginourmous black orp "Bertha" to go broody! I'm hoping the sight and sound of the chicks encourages her, it worked last year! I have the brooder set up in the hen house. Last year she took a shine to those chicks and promptly went broody.....LOL
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom