How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I had 7 sat last night BB gun in the main coop shot a rat in the hole as he came out .. Was sitting in chair outside the garden till it was dark to head into the coop. Moose my 150 lb Lab leans against me down I go site on the gun ripped my lower right arm ..
2 from banty

Last 3 days been getting my usual 12-13 average each day. Family has chipped in a lot with me working late on more storm damage. I have my first real paying stranger wanting chicks! So exciting! I have my trading friends that get chicks but no money ever changes hands. Chickens, eggs, honey, home brew, veggies and sawmill work... that’s my friend currency. It will be a very different experience selling to someone I’ve never met. Anyway, go chickens! Do I share too much??? I never know when enough is enough.

I had 7 sat last night BB gun in the main coop shot a rat in the hole as he came out .. Was sitting in chair outside the garden till it was dark to head into the coop. Moose my 150 lb Lab leans against me down I go site on the gun ripped my lower right arm ..
2 from banty
Glad you got the rat but sorry about ripping up your arm!

5 out of 6 today but one was laid from the roost, had a small crack so I fed it back to them. My Peggy Sue is starting to have trouble with those giant eggs. She was walking around hunched over the other day so I thought I’d give her a calcium tablet.
I had help from my grandson Jimmy who is 4. He wanted to give the pill so I had the birds mouth open and he very gently and slowly puts the pill in her mouth and of course another chicken thinks it looks good and steals it right out of Peggy Sue’s mouth. So then the rest got into it and they stole it from each other. Took a while to get the pill back but Peggy Sue did get it eventually and a couple hours later was running around all happy after leaving a 90 gram egg in the run.

Back
Top Bottom