How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

My 2nd 5 egg day for my five girls!!! Yay. Four have always laid in my small water well house (it has a board missing that they get through so very private). The fifth has laid her two eggs (so far as I know) underneath a Sago Palm that was damaged in our February freeze. The old frozen fronds kind of create a canopy...but I cleaned out underneath and moved a couple of buckets to make it easier for me to see underneath...it's possible that she has layed under there before and I just didn't find it before a snake or squirrel. I know now to check it a couple of time a day. It still creates some privacy, but open enough where I can check it easily.

12 today! 😁 The chickens had entertainment all day. They watched my son and me dig holes and set posts for the big chicken expansion. It’s finally underway but will be a slow process. I originally wanted to do an acre but quickly realized how big an acre actually is! 🤣 So, we are going for half an acre which is plenty of room for them to roam and a lot less fence for me to put up.

Back
Top Bottom