How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

16. Flock in signature (in fairness, roughly half the flock is below any reasonable laying age, and there are a number of males in that group). Oh, and one i cracked. 17.

Even so, its disappointing. Need to cull about 10 males, and wait impatiently as the flock ages up. Looking forward to a flat a day, come spring.

16. Flock in signature (in fairness, roughly half the flock is below any reasonable laying age, and there are a number of males in that group). Oh, and one i cracked. 17.

Even so, its disappointing. Need to cull about 10 males, and wait impatiently as the flock ages up. Looking forward to a flat a day, come spring.
I also need to cull some cockerels... the hens are getting chased and now they're all bald :lol:

I have three Roos of "productive" age. The Oldest spends most of his time chasing off the Largest, both of whom spend a part of their day chasing off the Flashiest. So my girls get some repreive, and there are a lot of them.

If I cull as many as I'm considering, they will have no competition for roughly two months, maybe more. and if one of my newer hatchlings turns out to be male, the Flashiest productive Roo will be joining them in the chill chest.

I have three Roos of "productive" age. The Oldest spends most of his time chasing off the Largest, both of whom spend a part of their day chasing off the Flashiest. So my girls get some repreive, and there are a lot of them.

If I cull as many as I'm considering, they will have no competition for roughly two months, maybe more. and if one of my newer hatchlings turns out to be male, the Flashiest productive Roo will be joining them in the chill chest.
What breed is the "flashiest" roo?

What breed is the "flashiest" roo?
Mutt. They are all Mutt.

Flashiest is "Phoenix Blue". (link to picture, 3 mo ago) Top down, he's all reds and oranges, like a phoenix taking flight. Down below, the "blue gene" is evident, and he's the soft grey of a pending storm.

Biggest is "Big Barred" (link to picture, two months ago). Looks like any other barred bird, sort of, but he's a mutt crossing of a barred roo (RUG - Rooster of unknown genetics) with a dark brahma.

Oldest is "Pretty Boy" (link to picture from Jun), another mutt.

Mutt. They are all Mutt.

Flashiest is "Phoenix Blue". (link to picture, 3 mo ago) Top down, he's all reds and oranges, like a phoenix taking flight. Down below, the "blue gene" is evident, and he's the soft grey of a pending storm.

Biggest is "Big Barred" (link to picture, two months ago). Looks like any other barred bird, sort of, but he's a mutt crossing of a barred roo (RUG - Rooster of unknown genetics) with a dark brahma.

Oldest is "Pretty Boy" (link to picture from Jun), another mutt.
You have some pretty boys.

Back
Top Bottom