How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Just curious, does anyone on here use an app like Flockstar? It’s great for a small flock! I enter the eggs each day, and which chicken laid them. You can put their birthday, breed, name. Then you can enter each eggs, but you can also take pics of one or many eggs, and also their weights if you are weird like me with that! 😂

One egg today, from the same pullet. She’s at 4 eggs out of 5 days now! Today’s egg was 6g bigger than all the rest. I think this will be helpful to see how big they get, and then compare when we have another new layer. I wouldn’t do all this if I had more hens, but I am a data geek & I think it’s pretty cool! I can’t wait til the rest are laying!

Just curious, does anyone on here use an app like Flockstar? It’s great for a small flock! I enter the eggs each day, and which chicken laid them. You can put their birthday, breed, name. Then you can enter each eggs, but you can also take pics of one or many eggs, and also their weights if you are weird like me with that! 😂

One egg today, from the same pullet. She’s at 4 eggs out of 5 days now! Today’s egg was 6g bigger than all the rest. I think this will be helpful to see how big they get, and then compare when we have another new layer. I wouldn’t do all this if I had more hens, but I am a data geek & I think it’s pretty cool! I can’t wait til the rest are laying!
Sounds like baby day book for chickens. I won't be able to tell who laid what as they are all the same breed but a nice idea. I weighed their first few eggs until they got to a stable weight.

We don't have electricity to the coop. Plus very new to this. Got our first eggs (to hatch) in march.
That makes sense. For us electricity is not an option as we need an electric fence, heated waterer, etc. but it does run the risk of a fire in the coop.

If you do want to keep them laying throughout the winter, you could consider a solar powered grow light. This one on Amazon is cheap and would do the trick. The value of winter eggs would quickly cover the cost of the light, especially since you have to feed them with or without egg production.

https://www.amazon.com/Promote-Grow...sprefix=solar+power+grow+light,aps,623&sr=8-5

That makes sense. For us electricity is not an option as we need an electric fence, heated waterer, etc. but it does run the risk of a fire in the coop.

If you do want to keep them laying throughout the winter, you could consider a solar powered grow light. This one on Amazon is cheap and would do the trick. The value of winter eggs would quickly cover the cost of the light, especially since you have to feed them with or without egg production.

https://www.amazon.com/Promote-Growth-Friendly-Luminous-Greenhouse/dp/B0B6GP2JMJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=1K43LK7CT3TXZ&keywords=solar+power+grow+light&qid=1669745718&sprefix=solar+power+grow+light,aps,623&sr=8-5
That does look like a viable option, thank you. I'll have to see whats available over here. I was looking into waterglassing some eggs during the summer.

Back
Top Bottom