How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

7/10 yesterday! up from 5/10 just last weekend. My white OE is officially finished molting and back into lay! My black OE and my EE are STILL laying egg-a-day (since late-august). I anticipate them molting any time now. My one buff that was molting is also back into laying. All winter long, I've been getting an egg a day each from my 2 GLWs and my 2 Australorps. I'm not sure if it is one hen laying all the time (like my OE and EE did), or if 2 hens are each giving me an egg every other day. :idunno Anyway, I'm stoked about the upping of eggs - means spring is springing!

8 yesterday out of 11 layers. So far this winter they've done pretty well, averaging 6-8/day and 10 is the record so far. They took a break around end of October for a month as some had a mild molt. I put them onto a higher protein chick feed and I think it's helped them a lot this winter. Not even sure I'd go back to the layer feed at this point especially because even the new layers started despite the low temps and short days.

Back
Top Bottom