How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2 on Sunday. I'm pretty commonly getting 1 or 2 a day, so far. Buffy is giving me about 5 a week. Willow is 4-5 a week. Stella is just starting to look like she may lay sometime in the next month but the 3 divas won't start until Spring. (I'm hoping for an easter egg from Marilyn our EE.)

Never thought I would post to this thread...eggs/day isn't something I'm overly concerned with...I'm grateful for whatever the little darlings decide to produce. But when I checked the favorite nest box yesterday, lo & behold, I discovered five eggs had been laid! A hen fruit from each of the 6/1/2010 darlings! (Last year's Bantams are still working through their molt, so they aren't back at it yet.)

Anyhow, it was a happy moment, and it's nice to have a place to crow about it!
wink.png

my last post here was on the 13th i was barely getting 2 eggs a day, we went from less that 7 eggs a week to this...

71606_p1090440.jpg

21 last week!!!
yippiechickie.gif
give or take a few that may have been eaten
tongue.png
. last week we got our first green eggs and yesterday we got our 1st BLUE egg. finally those EE girls decided to get to work! I am also so surprised that my game hens eggs are getting almost as big as the leghorns - in the top of the carton the 2 eggs to the left are the leghorns and the 1 next to it in the middle of the white and brown ones is the games egg!! it is very light tan?? not white but almost as big as the white ones
ep.gif

So far today we have gotten 3 eggs - 2 brown and 1 BLUE again!! and it is still only 10am here so we may get a few more...

love.gif
I got my christmas wish, I am the happiest Chicken Lady in the world
celebrate.gif

Thought after 12 eggs yesterday the 13 girls would be down and they were, to 11!! After several weeks of 8-10/day, they are on a roll. Got to find a market. They are Columbian Wyandottes and their eggs are finally getting to large size.

Back
Top Bottom