How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3/10...My odds are improving!!
celebrate.gif

5/8

One of the BCM hens didn't lay and one of the White Leghorns didn't. The BCMs don't lay every single day, and the Leghorns are old, so they also skip days. Not sure what my Cuckoo Marans problem was today, PMS maybe? lol

We got 1/3, because two of the girls aren't yet laying. My toddler dropped it trying to put it in our egg container on the bench, but the floor was clean and the yolk stayed intact and I managed to scoop it up into a bowl so we're having scrambled eggs for lunch.
wink.png

We were delighted to find 5 eggs today from our 9 girls. They were not laying more than 1 or 2 eggs a day for the past couple of weeks. Now we have had about a week of 4 eggs per day. Come Saturday, maybe I can afford to eat an egg or two for breakfast! By the way, I think it was the high heat and humidity here that caused them to slow down. We put a fan in their coop (they are only in there to eat or lay during the day. The fan blows a nice breeze on the nests and I often find one of the girls who already laid that day in the nest in the evening.

We had a huge turn over of girls in the past 2 months and I have several that I have never seen in the nest box. I think we may have a few free loaders but I will let them hang around for a few more months. Today I recognized 3 eggs and know 1 other (blue egg layer) who didn't lay today. Once I have some time at home for a few days, I will spend my time outside with them to learn their eggs.

Hope everyone has wonderful omlets this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom