465.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6800.JPG
    IMG_6800.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6802.JPG
    IMG_6802.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 2
Ok, breaks down like this;

Found one egg near the back door, so it had to be from last evening.
Found one out front by the pool, then after breakfast one of them layed one next to the food bowl. So that's definitely one today.
Daisy, who is recovering from a dog attack layed one in the brooding box around 10am, but we can't eat it because she's on antibiotics.

Whew! It's egg season, finally! 😃

Crappy Rainy Day, got 3 of 4 and a row of poop, one of dem is hangin out in the nesting box again ... my my the feathered butt spankin's im a gonna have to dole out when I get off work shift tomorrow night. Naughty Chickie Pooh's NO scratch for YOU!!

In a twisted way, the Terrible Too knows when he's been bad and being punished, and will sulk, pout, sometimes show remorse, the chickens... totally oblivious :D

I got 50 eggs today. Red, blue, green, brown, tan, white, cream, ect.
How do you clean/wash all these eggs? - I got 20 today and i realize that very shortly i will get around 25 every day and i am washing them all by hand with a sponge…
And what kind of bird lays red eggs?!

As said twenty eggs today! - well actually it already yesterday and now its today… screw this! i collected the eggs on Tuesday! 😵
All sizes from Dino to Quail. The Dino-eggs are for us! 😁 (They would break in the trays anyway)
And two duck decided to lay their eggs under the stairs of the back porch, where humon is to fat to fit in and has too short arms to reach the nest! I swear they were laughing at me while i was crawling in the mud on all four, retrieving those eggs.

Still no eggs from my 8 Muscovy females. Strangely they were laying 2 eggs for a couple of week during a particularly cold spell but I found them frozen and cracked in the morning. The eggs not the ducks. Now it is warming up and no eggs. I don't get it?
Broody Muscovys are both expressive in their displeasure when checking eggs, and incredibly fast with their beaks.

Back
Top Bottom