How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Well, as many of you know, my ducks are, umm, late bloomers...:lol: All or at least most of my ducks..(I’ve had up to 51 at one point ) were born this Spring. No eggs until Dec 29. I promise. Anyways, since then, we have the same 5 hens laying...most days I get 5. Once I only got 3, but the next I got 6, so, most likely I just missed one. :). And then , I suppose that means abou 2-- 3 days a week I get 3 eggs From my five layers. I should add, I’m down to 17 ducks right now. 4 are drakes..another is a hurt drake, who will never truly count as a drake in my book, since he can’t hurt anyone else. I think my girls are finally doing pretty good!

Well, as many of you know, my ducks are, umm, late bloomers...:lol: All or at least most of my ducks..(I’ve had up to 51 at one point ) were born this Spring. No eggs until Dec 29. I promise. Anyways, since then, we have the same 5 hens laying...most days I get 5. Once I only got 3, but the next I got 6, so, most likely I just missed one. :). And then , I suppose that means abou 2-- 3 days a week I get 3 eggs From my five layers. I should add, I’m down to 17 ducks right now. 4 are drakes..another is a hurt drake, who will never truly count as a drake in my book, since he can’t hurt anyone else. I think my girls are finally doing pretty good!
Woo hoo, finally! 51 ducks sounds really busy...

Our ducks, new layers an ones that are starting back are beginning to bless us with their eggs again how many are you getting daily? Today 1-27-20 I got 3 duck eggs from my youngest Runners who have just begun to lay. 8 months and 6 months old

I've been getting 3 a day for the past 3 days :celebrate:love all three of my girls are laying now!

@MLG1900 This is the chicken version of how many eggs, those friends will be able to give you a good idea of what's still laying. I have 2 leghorn mixes that have been pretty consistent this winter, my Olive Eggers not so much...

No egg from my runner girl today, but she's been doing pretty well over the winter...at least 3 or 4 a week!!

HAHA! Thank you so much for the link! When I responded before, I did no realize I was commenting in the "DUCK" section. I thought someone was just talking about their ducks. ! DUH!

HAHA! Thank you so much for the link! When I responded before, I did no realize I was commenting in the "DUCK" section. I thought someone was just talking about their ducks. ! DUH!
Hey it’s okay many of us have chickens too. And welcome all !

I've got 8 girls and have been getting 3-5 and sometimes 6 eggs a day all year. My 2 young ones are very consistent and both lay almost every day. The other 6 girls are all together so I have no idea who is laying when. I've been getting some very thin shells on the big girl's eggs and I wish they'd take a break!

Back
Top Bottom