How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Pics
Well I went in to clean the coop and saw 1 duck egg laying on top of the shavings, walked over to turn on the light and heard crack, One of them girls laid their eggs in the middle of the walk way in the bedding piled the bedding over it and then smoothed it flat so it would look just like the rest. I swear these girls are setting booby traps. :he

Got 4 at first this morning but I let them out too early. One KC went back and laid the egg later on, when I started cleaning the coop. I felt bad as she was looking so lost when I open the door to the box ( « where is my privacy? ») , and run out letting behind a cute warm egg😍Tomorrow I will let them inside until 8.
Happiness is a warm egg

Well I went in to clean the coop and saw 1 duck egg laying on top of the shavings, walked over to turn on the light and heard crack, One of them girls laid their eggs in the middle of the walk way in the bedding piled the bedding over it and then smoothed it flat so it would look just like the rest. I swear these girls are setting booby traps. :he
That happened to me the other day, I actually tripped on it.

I guess we’re going to have to go in with a rake and before we walk in use the rake to sift through the shavings. I usually don’t miss an egg laying on top of the bedding but these that are laid an covered right where I walk. That isn’t nice.

I guess we’re going to have to go in with a rake and before we walk in use the rake to sift through the shavings. I usually don’t miss an egg laying on top of the bedding but these that are laid an covered right where I walk. That isn’t nice.
Right, mine was right at the threshold of the door... twice. The first time I had come in from the other side and thought “that looks like a booby trap” then I he second time I tripped on it. Same duck both times....

Back
Top Bottom