How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Our ducks, new layers an ones that are starting back are beginning to bless us with their eggs again how many are you getting daily? Today 1-27-20 I got 3 duck eggs from my youngest Runners who have just begun to lay. 8 months and 6 months old
Our new layer (Daisy) laid 4 eggs consecutively about 4 weeks ago, then stopped. Now she has started up again and laid 5 eggs thus far... pretty much an egg a day. She is so enamored with them. Proud Daisy Duck!

Good Morning Everyone, We have four Appleyard hens (three-6 months +/- and one 12 months) and this morning for the first time I retrieved FOUR eggs. My question would be could a duck lay two eggs over night? The reason I ask, one of the ducks made her own nest a few feet away from the three nesting boxes. Past mornings I would find three eggs two in one nest and one in another. This morning I found two eggs in the new nest, both were about the same size and had membrane on them. I assume the membrane, like the other eggs goes away after a while.

Back
Top Bottom