How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

First two. Just put 4 that I named Wait in the brooder. Three was 6 hours from pip to hatch. Wait was 56 hours. So two to go but I don't have much hope for either. I am happy with 4 of 7. Pictures of everybody tomorrow. Wait is still a little wet a And still loud. In the egg you could hear him in the next room through the bator. Now you can hear him all over the house.
20200403_135426.jpg

First two. Just put 4 that I named Wait in the brooder. Three was 6 hours from pip to hatch. Wait was 56 hours. So two to go but I don't have much hope for either. I am happy with 4 of 7. Pictures of everybody tomorrow. Wait is still a little wet a And still loud. In the egg you could hear him in the next room through the bator. Now you can hear him all over the house.
View attachment 2074000
Yay congrats on the hatch!

View attachment 2074000
I have 25 duck eggs in my incubator :oops:

WELL I LIVE IN KENNEWICK,WASHINGTON,MY HENS LAY REALLY GOOD A COUPLE DAYS THEN SEEM TO TAKE A DAY OFF TODAY I GOT 11 EGGS ,YESTERDAY ONLY 2 BUT MY HENS ARE COCHIN BANTIES,NOT REALLY NOTED FOR BEING GOOD LAYERS
My bantam hens & pullets are purely for my entertainment only, eggs are secondary, & they lay when they feel like it & hide from the roosters whenever possible! Mine go broody like crazy!

3 again. Getting them in the coop was very difficult. It’s raining hard and they want to play. I finally used an idea I had a while back. We have a plastic yellow duck about the size of our Pekin. I put that on one side as I was chasing them around. They no longer could keep doing circles around the coop because they are terrified of it. Finally got them in. @Magnolia Ducks I know it’s raining but those ducklings should be dry by now.
Waterfowl coops ought to be designed so you can herd them into a dead-end where there is no option but to go in the door. Every night I lean a piece of siding against the sliding door opening (closed to where there's only room for the duck/goose to go in. And the other end against the fence parallel to the door--so they're kind of running up against this temporary "wall". They can go in or try to get past me. They're terrified of me 🤷‍♀️, so they go in.

They're temporarily using a tool shed that the chickens (who are very good about going in) used to use. When I build for them, I am for sure gonna consider ease of herding!

Back
Top Bottom