How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

A neighbor kid is hatching out some of my duck and chicken eggs under a broody hen. I want babies some badly but it’s not the time for them.
I donated eggs to a couple of teachers, and this weekend one is bringing back 11 healthy ducklings. :)

The down side to that is I already hatched 6, and then bought 10 other ducklings... This is gonna drive me quackers!

These are the ones hatched from our eggs, and what is coming back this weekend. Runners, Anconas, and then crosses of the 2.
20200404_070058.jpg

I donated eggs to a couple of teachers, and this weekend one is bringing back 11 healthy ducklings. :)

The down side to that is I already hatched 6, and then bought 10 other ducklings... This is gonna drive me quackers!

These are the ones hatched from our eggs, and what is coming back this weekend. Runners, Anconas, and then crosses of the 2.
View attachment 2074776
That a lot of ducks!

That a lot of ducks!
I had 21 adults, then went to 12. Now I'll be at 39! Holy molly, that number snuck up on me! There is still 1 teacher who might be bringing ducklings back too. She also had 12 eggs.:th

Actually, the plan has always been to sell the Ancona and crosses. My main interest are the Runners. Although, I do have one cross that has a Runner body/stance but Ancona colors/feet/bill. That one is staying here, it's pretty neat looking.

(I've also got around 40+ chicks, 30 quail egg, and ~2 dozen chicken eggs incubating. I'm not planning on going in to high gear till next year... I might be ahead of plans ;) )

I had 21 adults, then went to 12. Now I'll be at 39! Holy molly, that number snuck up on me! There is still 1 teacher who might be bringing ducklings back too. She also had 12 eggs.:th

Actually, the plan has always been to sell the Ancona and crosses. My main interest are the Runners. Although, I do have one cross that has a Runner body/stance but Ancona colors/feet/bill. That one is staying here, it's pretty neat looking.

(I've also got around 40+ chicks, 30 quail egg, and ~2 dozen chicken eggs incubating. I'm not planning on going in to high gear till next year... I might be ahead of plans ;) )
That sounds like high gear to me 😂. Around here ducks and chickens are selling like hot cakes so now is a good time to sell.

I only have 7 ducks, but I would like a few welsh harlequin ladies...

Back
Top Bottom