How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Yesterday, after hanging my coat on the rack, I then saw yellow liquid dropping out of my coat pocket. Must have forgotten about an egg....

:barnie
Haha I do that all the time! I put them in my pockets THEN decide to top up the feeder, and when I bend over, crunch! No more eggs! I thought about getting one of those egg aprons but I think that would just encourage the egg-in-pocket syndrome, leading to all sorts of ways to squish eggs...or forget them in there

3! Daphne made her first contribution of the season today. It’s shell is beautiful and dark green. I thought that Daphne’s leg or legs might be sore yesterday as she was sitting a lot. Turns out, she was working on that egg. I was hoping that she had stopped laying for good, as it causes her such problems. At least this egg was as close to normal as she can manage. I’m still going to rest her a bit in case she also has a sore leg from running around the property like a crazy duck. She also has a small injury(?) to her bill, something that was brewing underneath the surface for a bit. It does not appear infected, and the rest of her bill looks better than it did mid-winter (it was peeling or shedding for a bit) . However, making drill holes all over the property is interfering with healing. Anyways, this is about eggs, not bills. I better hope I can find Daphne a new bottle of Calcium Gluconate for the season for when her troubles begin.

I think I need to make a frittata this weekend to use up some eggs.

Two eggs and two chicken chicks today

0EB0B6EC-0EE0-4703-9EB4-ECFCB561F1CD.jpeg A651F2F7-A9A0-437D-97DA-2719CB1BC885.jpeg E36C7D70-6EE3-44D4-BCBC-87C86C77BDF5.jpeg BC951DB9-9845-4DC3-8091-8BFFAF58CF39.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom