How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Duck eggs make for wonderful Frittatas! Even with just 2-3 eggs per day, they add up fast. I just used up quite a few!

02747221-7915-408C-92C0-B54223B04836.jpeg

Well now, you can’t just tell us about their little feets and saucy expressions and NOT provide pictures! :pop
Oh they're adorable. Lots of work here, but I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Even with cleaning their brooder every couple hours, it's not fit for company. :eek: :gig

Basically, there‘s no rules in that you can add what you want. The frittata I made had chunks of cooked sweet Italian sausage, sauteed Vidalia onions, potatoes, Parmesan cheese and beaten duck eggs (mostly whites beaten with a little milk).

I sauteed the sausage and onion together and boiled the potatoes until cooked (skinned and sliced into chunks first). I then placed the chunks of cooked sausage, onion, and potato in a baking dish and poured the beaten eggs on top (enough egg mixture to just cover everything). I then sprinkled a bunch of shredded Parmesan cheese on top and baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (until firm). Then, I placed it under the broiler until brown.

The duck eggs are superior to chicken eggs as the Frittata stays together a lot better (and of course tastes better ;)).

Back
Top Bottom