How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I gave away my KC as I had too many eggs! I still have 3 Welsh and 2 Swedish, so I’m getting 5 eggs daily! The frustrating part is that I discovered being allergic to the duck eggs, so I got 3 chicks and one is laying now. However, the one laying is a Red Island Batam , so the egg is minuscule 😂
I remember, as a little boy visiting my uncle, having the privilege of being served two bantam chicken eggs for breakfast. He was breeding golden Sebright's and the fertile eggs were sold for a premium…

Bumping this spring-themed thread to see who is still laying! I’ve been getting zero eggs for about a month, which is totally fine. Daphne‘s last egg was that monstrosity that the Vet had to remove with great difficulty back at the beginning of September. Daphne was beginning to molt then and is done now. I’m hoping she’s done for the season as there’s no point in restarting laying now. As laying is a “life or death” ordeal for her, I feel like throwing her ”congratulations on making it through another laying season” party, although I’d wait until November 1st to be safe!

The two ‘Scovy Sisters are molting, so no eggs from them either. I figure the season is done for all as we are below 11 hours of potential sunlight, and they spend only about 8 hours outside of the barn due to increased predator concerns.

Anyways, anyone else’s ducks done for the season or are mine just slackers?

Bumping this spring-themed thread to see who is still laying! I’ve been getting zero eggs for about a month, which is totally fine. Daphne‘s last egg was that monstrosity that the Vet had to remove with great difficulty back at the beginning of September. Daphne was beginning to molt then and is done now. I’m hoping she’s done for the season as there’s no point in restarting laying now. As laying is a “life or death” ordeal for her, I feel like throwing her ”congratulations on making it through another laying season” party, although I’d wait until November 1st to be safe!

The two ‘Scovy Sisters are molting, so no eggs from them either. I figure the season is done for all as we are below 11 hours of potential sunlight, and they spend only about 8 hours outside of the barn due to increased predator concerns.

Anyways, anyone else’s ducks done for the season or are mine just slackers?
3/5 still laying

Back
Top Bottom