How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Bumping this spring-themed thread to see who is still laying! I’ve been getting zero eggs for about a month, which is totally fine. Daphne‘s last egg was that monstrosity that the Vet had to remove with great difficulty back at the beginning of September. Daphne was beginning to molt then and is done now. I’m hoping she’s done for the season as there’s no point in restarting laying now. As laying is a “life or death” ordeal for her, I feel like throwing her ”congratulations on making it through another laying season” party, although I’d wait until November 1st to be safe!

The two ‘Scovy Sisters are molting, so no eggs from them either. I figure the season is done for all as we are below 11 hours of potential sunlight, and they spend only about 8 hours outside of the barn due to increased predator concerns.

Anyways, anyone else’s ducks done for the season or are mine just slackers?
I am glad Daphne made it through !

You guys are going out of laying while its really cranking up over here! Ducks give 4.5 a day (old girl lays every second day and 4 young ones daily) and the quails have just begun laying 2 out of 3.
Is it Spring for you @Muscovy Wunda ? And what are you doing with all those eggs ?!

I did a fab Victoria sponge this week with 3 of our hard won eggs.

It is spring! Thats dounds yum! I lost my sponge cake recipe but would love to make another! I'm very boring and either make scrambled eggs or egg custard
I've got one for you :) weigh your eggs (3 makes a good size cake) - do the same in marg, caster sugar and self raising flour (or plain + 2 teaspoons of baking powder) and a splash of vanilla.

1. Beat the living daylights out of marg, sugar and vanilla.
2. Slowly add beaten eggs (thanks ladies !).
3. Gently fold in flour

Plop in lined tin or tins - in pre heated oven (180 c ish). Timing depends on tin(s) being used.

Cool - slap cream and jam of choice in middle.

Get the kettle on for tea / coffee with slice of cake:).

Or:

Fry eggs, slap on toast. Just as good !

I've got one for you :) weigh your eggs (3 makes a good size cake) - do the same in marg, caster sugar and self raising flour (or plain + 2 teaspoons of baking powder) and a splash of vanilla.

1. Beat the living daylights out of marg, sugar and vanilla.
2. Slowly add beaten eggs (thanks ladies !).
3. Gently fold in flour

Plop in lined tin or tins - in pre heated oven (180 c ish). Timing depends on tin(s) being used.

Cool - slap cream and jam of choice in middle.

Get the kettle on for tea / coffee with slice of cake:).

Or:

Fry eggs, slap on toast. Just as good !
Thank you! So you do same weight of other ingredients as what the eggs weigh?

Somebody's vent hurts. Regular egg and dinosaur sized egg
20201022_085331.jpg

Back
Top Bottom