How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Crows will chase away hawks here, But they aren't always around. :(
I keep feeding them during the winter with scratch grains - which my ducks will only eat to prevent the crows from having them! 🤦‍♂️
We have crows here year 'round and when they are nesting it gets really nasty for any intruder, not only airborne, i have seen them driving off raccoons from the nesting tree, the 'coon fell about 15' and limped into the bushes while being relentlessly attacked. Almost felt sorry for it - just almost…

I keep feeding them during the winter with scratch grains - which my ducks will only eat to prevent the crows from having them! 🤦‍♂️
We have crows here year 'round and when they are nesting it gets really nasty for any intruder, not only airborne, i have seen them driving off raccoons from the nesting tree, the 'coon fell about 15' and limped into the bushes while being relentlessly attacked. Almost felt sorry for it - just almost…
We are fortunate to have 2 nesting pairs year round, now that I know they like scratch I will leave some for them. The also occasionally steal eggs but I don’t mind

That sounds as good as watching mockingbirds attacking squirrels .

We are fortunate to have 2 nesting pairs year round, now that I know they like scratch I will leave some for them. The also occasionally steal eggs but I don’t mind
I had a problem with the crows stealing the duck eggs this year for the first time: »dear crows this means war« and what they didn't manage to eat, they broke. :(
I changed my morning routine and collect the eggs now before i sit down for my breakfast, so they don't have a chance to get them. :lol: And the pellets they eat, i don't really mind as they really do help keeping the BoPs away.

I took a piece of scrap-wood and nailed it to one of the poles of my work-platform so that the ducks can't get to it. Put the scratch on there and the crows can eat.

It sometimes looks here like in those WW1 movies where the bi-planes have dogfights! Yes, the crows may be smaller than the BOP's, but they outnumber them 10:1 and are much more agile. They can have all the pellets they want for keeping my ducks safer!
My OH said the same thing - they go in quick and hard. BoP are literally 'whats happeniiiiiiiiing??!!!'.

You are getting yours - thats what !

Back
Top Bottom