How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Been overworked recently and have let them keep their nests. Now, my white Muscovy hen is chirping with great enthusiasm. She’s not sitting yet, although she’s started to line her nest with fluffy white down. Hopefully, it’s not too late to turn things around. She’s my sweetest hen most of the time, but she’s also my most hateful when broody (or molting, or during one random week in winter that I haven’t figured out the cause for yet). Tomorrow, if I have time, I will may just have to do a nest raid + nest destruction.

On another note, Daphne’s cruising on, mostly not laying at all, although she passed a soft-shelled egg (with zero effort) on the way into the duckio this AM. She’s honestly doing great overall, and has taken great joy in showing the Puddles and Matilda the best places to forage!
I know what you're talking about: All my three customers at once decided to have a "silent production launch" next week and there was so much to do. 😰
And this weekend i have to de-muck the duck house! They have dumped so much mud from the run in there that i could grow cucumbers in the bedding.

All my broodies had turned into little dragons, except Pinball Duck last year, she was sweet, ate meal-worms from my hand and i could even pet her. The other's could not be bribed, not even with meal-worms…

Glad to hear that Daphne is doing so well and has found a purpose in her life, guiding some padawan ducks to the bright side.

Back
Top Bottom