How many Eggs did you Sell today?

13 dozen today
big_smile.png

Sold 2 dozen today.
My mother in law has a huge network of friends 'cause she goes to several Bible studies and coffees throughout the week. I give her a small cooler which holds 5 dozen and she just lets her friends know she's got eggs today. Most of these ladies are from pretty affluent neighborhoods and paying $2/doz for really nice fresh brown locally grown eggs is a treat.

Right now the eggs are mostly large and x-large with a few jumbo sized. I rubber band the cartons so they don't open and break eggs. In another month or so the eggs will even out in size to more x-large and jumbos, and I should be able to charge $2.50 or $3.00/doz especially in winter when not so many people have backyard chicken eggs.

I pay my mother in law with all the eggs she wants to use for herself.

Last edited:
3 today and like 12 in the last week all my birds are producing I split my flock so 25 started laying 3 - 4 weeks ago the rest buckeyes are a month or so away I have 50 now and will bump up to 75 next year...and I sent soem over to the local butcher hell buy any of my overflow for 2 a dozen eggs are areound 1.50 - 2.50 a dozen in these parts Ive got a core of 5 - 6 custumers and if I have a mess of eggs left I run em over to the butcher he puts em in the store and pow gone I charge 2.00 for em and he sells em for 250 we all make a bit of money in the deal... It is nice to have a rugular client and its ONE stop... Wife isnt sure she wants a sign in the yard we are way off the road and we could put the little fridge on the porch but would we get robbed etc who knows...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom