How many Eggs did you Sell today?

1 Dozen today for $3.00. Egg production has dropped off in the past week because I believe the original 6 Gals of our flock of 19 GC's have started their molt. That would be the oldest and they're probably just about 18 months old now. We've gone from 18 to 19 a day just a week or so ago to 14 to 15 a day. And this weekend we're adding another 11 Gold Comet started pullets to the flock so that should really tear the rag off the bush and cause egg laying to come to a complete halt until they work out the pecking order. The downside to all this is that I have to go into my office each morning and tell the Cubicle Rats that their food supply is being interupted. Now, that will tear the rag off the bush. Maybe I'll stop by WallyWorld on the way in each morning and buy a couple of cartons of their cheapo eggs and try to pass them off. They'd probably not realize it...
tongue.png

I didn't sell any but I did give a couple dozen away to a co-worker who gave me 72 cans of cat food for my stray cats. So I'm happy with that because cat food is expensive.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom