How many eggs should I expect too get daily from my 6 chickens ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by connor97, Feb 2, 2013.

1. connor97

connor97 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a rhode island red, a barred rock, 2 buff orpingtons, and 2 easter eggers.

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    It depends on the weather, and how much sun shine they get. My 5 girls can sometimes lay as little as 1 or no eggs, but other days I get as many as 5 eggs.

3. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    I have 2 RIRs and a barred rock. They began laying 3-4 weeks ago and was getting just an egg a day but was totally happy that I was getting anything! Then the really cold weather blew in and didn't get any until this week but still one a day until today....2 eggs! Still daylight left in the day and gonna check after sun goes down. So exciting!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Peak production when the weather's good from young layers.........4-6 eggs a day.

5. RWise

RWise Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    I would expect 4 -6 eggs per day. My almost 1 YO RIR lays every 24 hours, the almost 3 year old RIR lays every 26 - 28 hours as does the 3 YO BR, FBCM and EE,er. I have a pullet that just started laying so I get from 6 layers, 4-6 eggs per day with a day here and there with only 3. I use a light in the coop on at 4 am and off at 6 pm, no heat, and no layer crumbles/pellets. Whole grains, oyster shell, toasted crumbled egg shell, and whatever they can dig/scratch up from the pasture!

6. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    1 egg a day from each my BR and RIR. Nothing yet from my other RIR. Each egg I've eaten has been fertilized

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by