How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

26 today. I asked them kindly to lay 36 or more tomorrow, but they probably won’t listen 🙄

Apparently I can’t add... a lady wants 6 dozen hatching eggs for Friday and another lady wants 4 dozen for eating tomorrow. Only have 6 in the coop :oops:

My 17 year old daughter won’t help me figure out the egg counts for selling because “it reminds me of math problems at school” :tongue
I hope you have some already saved up. That’s a tall order to fill by Friday at this time of the year.

My ladies just started and I am so excited! We have 3 over the last 2 days both from my Easter Eggers, Daisy and Peach

Attachments

• 6FF07854-C893-4334-B790-605F9D9EAE4F.jpeg
    6FF07854-C893-4334-B790-605F9D9EAE4F.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 2
I hope you have some already saved up. That’s a tall order to fill by Friday at this time of the year.

Someone bought 12 dozen for hatching last Thursday, so all the over stock is gone. Just hoping they will squeeze out enough for maybe Saturday? We’re getting right around 2 dozen per day. This could change once the snow happens this weekend though.

I have 3 girls ( just starting out), all 3 laid today, but I was most impressed by one. Pics below ( last pic is the one compared to her sisters egg ) largest one we have had so far... previous one 75 grams

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    479.9 KB · Views: 3
Got 3 yesterday. Someone else started back up last week, I've not yet caught her in the act and no one is showing a lot more red in their comb.

I have some ideas, based on egg color (brown) and size (USDA Medium). Can't be the 2 Exchequer Leghorns, they lay white and on a good day MIGHT make USDA Small. Can't be any of the 5 EE's. Can't be any of the 3 I know are laying. That leaves 10 and I can probably write off several of those. My best guess is it is one of the Columbian Wyandottes.

Back
Top Bottom