How many feather footed bantam breeds???

wornoutmomto3

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 6, 2014
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I have been wondering about the many varieties of bantams. I have been steadily gathering a variety of bantams. I have gotten pretty good at picking out a few of the breeds that show up regularly. However, I am still a bit of a novice at identifying which is which. During a recent feed store trip I ended up with a Golden Sebright because I forgot to check for feather legs. So, I was wondering... How many bantam breeds are there? How many bantam breeds have feathered feet? and What are the different breeds called? (pictures of chicks and adults welcome)

Here is a quick jump to your information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Bantam_chicken_breeds
These are true Bantams, meaning there is no standard version of said breed. There are 21 listed, but there can certainly be more.
Going thru the list I did not run across a silkie. Maybe I missed or overlooked it. I know silkies are bantam variety.
It also listed Old English game hens. I have 4 of those. I know there is a standard English Game Hen, which is larger, but not really huge. Smaller than a standard RIR. So there is slight confusion there???
Maybe it is just void of clarity.
If you check each, you will find more than a few with feathered feet.
Your Golden Sebright is a fantastic chicken. I don't have an individual pix of mine, but you can see her and also a Silver Sebright on my profile page. My Silver was my longest living chicken soo far and went for 13 years. My Golden checked out after 8 or 9. and not sure why. My current oldest living chicken just turned 10, this Easter. and she is an EE.

Back
Top Bottom