How many hens should I use for my coop???

That's a good mix. Good luck on the hatch!!!

I don't look at it like a can of worms, just differences of opinion. Some people take it more personal than others. As stewards of the livestock we keep we owe it to them to provide the best conditions for them we can. It's harder for a suburban chicken keeper to provide adequate space for birds than those of us in the country.

Hope all goes well for you!

David
Much harder but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try... I would think that a 12' x 6' run and a 4'x6' coop for 6-8 chickens is far better living conditions than commercial egg farming...I realize it's not free range but not 1x1 living space either... I'm thinking if thats all they know and if I keep it clean they should have decent lives... I'll make up for the small space by giving them semi-regular treats :)

I have 2 hens in my coop followed by one rooster and two royal palm turkeys, and my coop is pretty small. I want a couple more hens so how many more hens should I put in my small coop?
MY two hens are Plymouth rock and I've herd that they can be mean to other breeds, so do I build another coop or through in a couple (2) road island red hens. Yes, I have a lot of questions.
thumbsup.gif

Hi Chick Farm,
You have to send me how to build a awesome coop like yours. My coop sucks big time! My coop is so small and is barley off the ground. My email is ([email protected]) so you can either send me how to build a really good coop on this website or to my email. I will send you a pic of my coop some time. Text me back as soon as you can.

Back
Top Bottom