How many here are actual backyarders vs. Farmers?

I'm a backyarder. We have 2 acres, just a bit outside city limits. We're only allowed to keep chickens and bees, so we keep both.
wink.png

We have a one acre farm, so not a backyarder really
big_smile.png

60 plus chickens, 2 turkeys, goats and ducks. And growing all our food.

Well... I'm not a farmer but I'd guess you'd have to say I'm a front and backyarder!
big_smile.png
We have 1.25 acres and my chickens free range on ours AND the neighbors 1.25!!

Quote:
Us too!
lol.png
Where do you live? I had to install a window a/c unit so our chickens don't expire in the florida heat so i think that makes our chickens the most spoiled
wink.png

We have 6 in there...now if the silkie roo would just stop crowing
gig.gif
no matter most of the county knows we are doing this from all the news coverage our code change fight has given us..IF that passes then I expect the HOA will drop in next and try to hassel us.

I'm a backyarder. We live in a borough and have 3 lots, which are actually the size of 2 lots, just deeded into 3. We had some comotion with the borough council this year over any chickens being allowed in town anymore. There are only a few of us that have, but one person was not keeping them contained to their yard. It almost ruined it for the rest of us. I say fine them and/or make them give up their rights to have any and let us keep ours. Why punish those who follow the rules?

Back
Top Bottom