How many here let their dogs/pets sleep in their bed with them?

A long time ago, I used to let my cats sleep with me, but then there was a period of years when I didn't have an indoor cat, so I got to the point I was used to sleeping without a ball of heat next to me. I've had an indoor cat for about three years now, and she pretty much sleeps where she wants to, but it's usually not on the bed. When she does, she has to sleep next to me, which makes me sleep in the middle, which makes the hubby tell me to move over, I'm hogging the bed. Uh...I think not! Putting her out the room when she decides she wants to sleep with us is not an option--she will either scratch at the door until I'm unable to bear it, or if I haven't blocked it, will push it open and help herself. She has me so well trained.
roll.png

Sunshine is 5yo and I've had her since she was 6 weeks. She is very sweet and has only growled at 2 people in her life- and I agreed with her choices. She is a family dog, not a 1 person dog, and adores my husband and all my children and grandchildren. She will sleep with them when they visit. But her usual routine is to jump up and head straight under the covers and sleep by my legs. She also wears sweaters during cool days. She's a real heat seeker, and gets cold easily-something she and I share in common!

No I can't stand the hair that would be on the covers cat or dog. The dog is crated at night and when I'm not home. He is allowed in the living room only. He doesn't even try to go in the hallway or the other rooms. He stops at the doorway and won't cross it for love or treats! Now the cat I hate it on the furniture and no way is it allowed in my bedroom. I can't wait to get rid of it. But my mother got it for my daughter so it's safe for the moment but when it's gone no more cats ever. I don't like them on the furniture, counters etc.... All I can think of is it's had it's feet in the litter box then it walks all over the place! Yuck......

My cats sleep in the bed, well Tinker sleeps with us and Marshmellow sleeps with DD. The dog is usually under the bed, but will be occasionally on the bed or couch.
We just adopted a stray Maine coon cat who likes to sleep on my pillow.

My "daddy cat" Smokey sleeps in the bed right in between me and DH. He comes in when we go to bed, wakes me up at about 3 in the morning to let him out of the room and then at 6:30 when DH leaves for work he comes back in the room and sleeps with me until I get up. Spoiled Rotten!

My dog sleeps with me on the bed but is not allowed on the furniture. He knows the difference. When I am gone during the day a blanket is layed on top of the bed and he sleeps on that and at night he sleeps under the covers next to me. I dont have a SO to keep me warm at night so its kind of nice to have a warm body next to me. My dog is 6 years old and 60lbs. I upgraded to a Queen size bed so that there would be enough room. There has never been a problem with growling or anything like that. The dog is well trained and knows who is the boss around the house. If ever I need him off the bed a simple hand gesture or verbal "off" is all I need to say. He has very short hair so I really don't mind it. If he had longer hair I might feel different. He is a boxer/Pit bull mix. I do wash my sheets and him more often as after a few days my sheets start to smell like a dog. LOL. So it depends on the dog. Some dogs will get territorial with it but some won't. My dog knows who is the alpha leader and as long as he keeps that in mind I dont have a problem with it.

My cat Cocoa sleeps with me and the dog sleeps on the couch. Never had a dog sleep with me cause I toss and turn to much. The cat is small and stays curled up in a ball up near the pillow. Sometimes he will get off in the night and he is a good alarm clock as he will have a fit if he doesn't get his breakfast.

Hey Poison Ivy, maybe I could trade you my husband for your cat?? My "D"H, doesn't like my cat and makes her live in the garage. I bring her in when he's not home, and give her goodies and pet her and let her run around the house. She is the best hunter I've ever had! Nary a mouse since she's been here, and they used to be a BIG problem!

I have two cats who sleep where ever they dang well please
big_smile.png

Sometimes they let us sleep in our bed with them, sometimes they let us sleep alone, sometimes with the kids.... either under or ontop of the covers.....

Back
Top Bottom