How many homeschooling families do we have on BYC?

Quote:
I know what you mean! Neither of my kids show any interest in going to traditional school at this point but who knows what will happen later. I would be perfectly happy homeschooling until they are ready to go to college, but I know that when they are older they may want to go to school.
sad.png

Quote:
If you want Spanish, PM me your address and I'll send you my copy. I'm finished with it, and it does no good sitting around here gathering dust.

I've also got a Gaelic language set if anyone wants.

I LOVED being homeschooled. It was way better than public school. My group was so nice. No more teasing, bullying, or being put down because I was different. I learned more life stuff like cooking and cleaning and family values.

Rosetta Stone is great! I loved the Spanish.

I will be homeschooling my childern when the time comes.

Wanted to chime in as a fellow BYC homeschooling mom! We've homeschooled our oldest (22 now) and still homeschooling the youngest (12). We love it!!! And we'll be homeschooling all the way!!!

My parents had two sets of kids (3 that are adults now and 3 that are still at home). My other two (now adult) siblings and I were not homeschooled but my youngest 3 siblings are. The oldest of those three just started college at home this Sept - she was still quite young to leave the nest for traditional college (only 15 when whe gradutated, turned 16 over the summer) and is studying to work with animals (she has always loved horses) as a vet. She will probably eventually move on to a larger school atmosphere when it comes time for hands on/ lab work. But she figured that since she was used to homeschooling anyway, why not knock out the general ed requirements at home...

Quote:
If you want Spanish, PM me your address and I'll send you my copy. I'm finished with it, and it does no good sitting around here gathering dust.

I would love to try the Gaelic for my 13 yr old....
smile.png

We are 4 weeks into HSing and love it!

DD (age 8) asked to be HS'ed so we gave it a try and with the help of many fellow BYCers we are on our way!

They were a great help in working with the school, getting a curriculum and keeping me sane...lol

We home school, we love it, and we are now into our second year!

We removed our daughter from school the summer before 5th grade because of a growing number of violent incidents at the school, the fact that she had two different teachers each year (kindergarten through 3rd grade), and we had to go gluten free (which makes it really difficult to make lunch).

Home schooling is great! My daughter thinks that she's learning more (I think so too) and she is a happier person!

Quote:

I would love to have the Gaelic one if you would like.
smile.png

We homeschool here too
jumpy.gif
This is our 2nd year. It is the best thing I have ever done for my children.
I read a quote once- 'I've seen your village, and I don't want it raising my children' that one really says it all. Just like I already read posted, public school is about an institutionalized mind. Socialization there consists of peer pressure, degradement, scornment for any deviation outside of the cookiecutter norm, and bullying. NOT the environment I want my children spending almost all their day in.

Getting a system down can be challenging at first, but it is very doable, even with several kids, housework and animals to care for. I would just give yourself plenty of time to find your rythmn. I would say it took us about 6 months to start to find our stride, and often we still change things around as needed.

All the best

Back
Top Bottom