How many nest boxes do you have in your coop?

Quote:
I'd love to have that many, but dh says 8 chicks is enough.
wink.png

We've got 5 boxes for 11 hens. Only 4 are laying at the moment and they only use 2 boxes. Always 2 eggs in each box. Maybe when the others start laying they'll utilize more. Can't wait for the others to start.

I have 4 boxes for 13 ladies...but I always find one in the run, under the waterer, or in the plants and now they have dug a new nest under the nesting boxes. I have three broodies atm so I was worried I didn't have enough but obviously it is. Whew!

I have 51 hens and they are all laying, most days between 49 and 51 eggs. there is 11 nest boxes. one has one egg a day in it. two has zero eggs, never been layed in. These boxes are a far size and sometimes there will be 4 hens in a nest at a time. I thought I needed more nest but after 4 months of laying, they seam to be fine with the boxes we have.

Red sex links are the greatest. with 51 chickens we average 350 eggs a week. thats 4 doz a day with just enouph left over for breaky.

Alan

Quote:
I'd love to have that many, but dh says 8 chicks is enough.
wink.png

Oh no you don't wnat to have that many cause you have to have THAT many chickens.
gig.gif

I'm trying to thin my flock right now. It's too much work.

Back
Top Bottom