How many of you ladies drive trucks?

2004 Mazda B-3000. Ive been a truck gal for the past 30 years. I used to trade in every 4 or 5 years....something so indulgent about a new vehicle. But in these times, and the fact that Im not putting nearly the mileage that I used to when I traveled so much- I only have 56,000 miles on this one, and I have been known to do that in one year in years past....and the fact that for the first time I have no truck payment.....I now plan on driving this one until it falls apart on me, which hopefully will be many miles from now.

331449170.jpg

Dodge Dakota. 4 Wheel Drive. Really nice little truck.

I also drive my husband's truck sometimes, but it's too big to park easily. I have to find a spot where I can pull thru one parking place and into another. So I don't have to back out and crash into anyone's car. If I drove it all the time, I guess I'd get used to it...

But lots of ladies drive trucks here. This is farm country!

I have had trucks since 1985 until 2003 when we bought a Saturn Vue. I really wanted a Ford Expedition, but was more than I wanted to spend. So the Vue with AWD and heated seats has been great. But I can't get the straw out of the carpet.
gig.gif

kbarret- HAHA! I do love the floor dimmer switch too. To make mine even more fun, when the ignition went out the guy put a button on the dash that you press to start the car. I feel something like the Beverly Hillbillies when I drive it.
big_smile.png

I drive an 03 Expedition and we have an 01 F150 crew cab - was mine til I had boy #3 and with all 3 boys in the backseat plus "stuff" I gave it to hubby and got me something with a 3rd row. I really don't like cars.

I talked to my husband the other day about getting a lift kit for the truck and he actually said I could buy one. Woo-hoo! I'll need a stepladder to get into the darn thing, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there...
roll.png

But it's nice to know that so many women drive trucks! My mom drives a bigger truck than I do, so I guess it runs in my family.

I had a truck, then sold it for the Ford Explorer I have now. Although I like the Explorer, I hate my decision everytime I go to the feed store, or want to haul something since taking my DH's truck (single cab) with two kids isn't fun. I'll be glad when I get a truck again!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom