..How many of you SECRETLY.....

we call them to bed with us...

.... and gently get out of bed in the mornin' not to wake them!

idunno.gif

.. what can I say!..

love.gif

( oh, yeah, we also have 2 daughters that sleep in their own beds!.. no spoiling them!
wink.png
)

Not under the covers, but I sleep better with an 80 lb. Lab on my feet. And a 20 lb. cat joins us on really cold nights.

LOL, the other night we let the hound dawg sleep on the bed too - DH said he could feel him trying to push him off the bed all night, so it's back to the kitchen for him! But the hound does get to join me and the lab at 5 a.m. when DH gets up.
smile.png

My two dogs sleep on the floor in their beds...But if DH gets up and I sleep in my GSD will get on his side...until DH comes in to get dressed for work! Then he gets booted off! Our old Tom cat used to sleep with us and he loved under covers at our feet or on the pillows!

Our Boston Terrier was the only one who ever wanted under the covers - he loved being completely under the covers all the time. He died last year, but my husband kicked him out of our bed 4 years ago because we had a massive flea outbreak in our neighborhood. We'd always used Frontline on the dogs, but that year was the worst I'd ever seen for fleas - they'd gotten in the house, in the carpets and the indoor cats got them. No one else was really bothered by them, but I was getting eaten up! We finally got it under control, but he didn't want the flea factories in the bed with us anymore, so the dogs started sleeping with the kids.

UNTIL

Just last month my husband felt he was ready for another dog after losing our Boston Terrier and we got a Shepherd mutt from our local shelter and my husband LOVES her and of course she's allowed in our bed.
roll.png
She doesn't like to sleep under the covers, if you toss a blanket on her she gets up to get it off of her - must be that thick Shepherd coat.

Quote:
I have two doxies and that's what I thought too. The male can not get up on the couch or the bed but the female can. I was very surprised, but I still don't let her sleep on the bed.

Nope. The dogs sleep in their crates, close to the bed.
The cats will sleep on the bed unless they start wrestling with each other. Then one swift kick from under the covers....
Sleep is too precious around here to be messed with.

Nope - not for us. The dogs, 3 of them (was 4 a few weeks ago but we lost our beloved Caleb to cancer a few weeks a ago), sleep on the floor beside the bed. Experience has taught me if I treat them like my kids, they'll start to rebel like a teenager and before I know it I have dominance issues with them. Now the cat - well that's a different story. I don't see her all day . . . until it's time for bed. Then she sleeps on my wife's hip all night. Now that I think about it . . . how does one stay in the same position all night during sleep? I know I don't. But my wife, she can go to sleep in one position and wake up in the same position and never mess the covers up!

My Pit Bull Kitty has slept with me when DH is working out of town and it was thundering. She's terrified of storms and I felt sorry for the big sissy a couple times.
roll.png
Usually they sleep at the foot of the bed in the floor between us and the brooder. Sarah, my younger Pit Bull, stays up watching chicken TV till the wee hours. She's fascinated with our birds
lol.png

My oldest daughter lets her beagle sleep with her - yes under the covers too - every night. I could never do that.... I couldn't even take having the cat sleep on the bed. Everytime he would scratch I would wake up LOL!

Back
Top Bottom