How many people are working on Thursday?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Hubby went to work today, YAY! He just called to check up on things at home. Told me that he has to work on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday...maybe Sunday. He gets off early on Thursday and get paid double for working on a holdiay. His sister also told us that she has to work on Thursday, early off, as well, same goes for her, double holiday pay. No they dont work at the same place, she is a sitter for elders and he working at able body laborer (RARE for that company to ask someone to work holidays and weekends! Even a SUNDAY! but we need it).

Who else is working on Thursday?

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I will be working...not AT WORK...but since I am cooking, I will certainly be working.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I used to work as many holidays as I could. Thanksgiving was the one holiday I tried to have off as I cook.

But that pay sure is nice!

4. doubled

doubled Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Madrid, New Mexico
    well, the boss hasn't brought it up but i'm sure if i want the day off, it'll cost me a days wages but if i come in and work, there sure as heck aren't any perks...

5. hermiesbirdies

hermiesbirdies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2009
    I will be working a 12 hour shift.

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I'm a nurse. Yup, I'll be working. I work the evening shift, so at least I can have Thanksgiving lunch at home!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm working, but then I get the next 4 days off.

Imp

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    My hubby is a volunteer fire fighter, so he'll have to take off if the pager goes off.

9. claud

claud Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    No. I worked the 4th of July holiday and only have to work one holiday a year along with every 4th weekend. Not too bad for the healthcare field.

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I have a truly horrible boss- as a result, I work 24/7/365. No such thing as a day off when your work for yourself!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by