How many people are working on Thursday?

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
Hubby went to work today, YAY! He just called to check up on things at home. Told me that he has to work on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday...maybe Sunday. He gets off early on Thursday and get paid double for working on a holdiay. His sister also told us that she has to work on Thursday, early off, as well, same goes for her, double holiday pay. No they dont work at the same place, she is a sitter for elders and he working at able body laborer (RARE for that company to ask someone to work holidays and weekends! Even a SUNDAY! but we need it).

Who else is working on Thursday?

I used to work as many holidays as I could. Thanksgiving was the one holiday I tried to have off as I cook.

But that pay sure is nice!

well, the boss hasn't brought it up but i'm sure if i want the day off, it'll cost me a days wages but if i come in and work, there sure as heck aren't any perks...

No. I worked the 4th of July holiday and only have to work one holiday a year along with every 4th weekend. Not too bad for the healthcare field.

I have a truly horrible boss- as a result, I work 24/7/365. No such thing as a day off when your work for yourself!

Back
Top Bottom