How many people have you given the disease to?

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I have loved chickens for most of my life... I only knew one person in my area/social group/ family that kept chickens-- a distance neighbor has big black ckns--I don't know these people but loved going by their place and see the ckns in the run/area.

I started to keep chickens 2 yrs ago... Since then, my grandchildren have gotten interested, my niece took the leap, and now my son-in-law talks ckns w/ me every chance he gets.. They have moved into our old house and since my new coop isn't ready --so he is 'babysitting' for my girls in the old coop.. He has already asked if he could buy them.. What he needed to do to make a larger coop (more ckns).. He has borrowed all my book...

So, I have infected at least 7 people w/ this disease.. How about you?--And tell us who infected you.. LOL

Last edited:
So far my girlfriend...she really wants some Dutch Bantams next
My Daughter wants some Easter Eggers
My son (16 months) crows like a cockerel if anyone mentions chicken...or duck.

The kids in the school I work in all want chickens and three of them have gotten some. I took some chicks into the school last year, after their mother was taken by a fox.

I'm working on getting my boss to get some too.

Well...Hmm...My brother is the only one whom I've actually truly infected, but I've helped quite a few other people!
lol.png
I coached about three different ladies who bought chicks from me, and they just love chickens! I also got my boyfriend more into ducks, if that counts
tongue.png
He keeps going to TSC and looks at the ducklings, even though he has three ducks (one drake and two hens) and we'll be hatching some together. One of the duck hens he has is actually mine, I gave her to him!

Three of my friends. I actually helped two of my friends get theirs, gave a roo to one of them, and the other I (Should I say Cleo my BC) hatched out a partridge cochin for.

Almost everyone that comes to my house wants them except most live in the city. Anyone i give eggs too! They think farm fresh eggs are awesome since they got used to the ones in the grocery store. My grandpa is getting some because he liked mine. 3 men at the church and some neighbors.

I have been working on one single co-worker who I am positive absolutely NEEDS chickens. He's borrowed the Dummies for Coops book, and a couple times he told me about Craigslist postings with chicken coops to get my opinion. I told him he wouldn't even have to buy chickens, as I have too many already and he can pick and choose from my flock. Well, as long as he only chooses the newest birds, not any of my "base" flock. Since I'm hatching all the time, there are a lot of birds from which he can choose, of all ages.

So I guess I'm not very contagious. Fooey.

About a year and half ago on our Wisconsin Public Telivision, I saw the documentary "Mad City Chickens". I then ordered the DVD and now my wife is interested with me in having backyard chickens. On July 6, 2010, I drafted a letter to our County Planning and Zoning Committee to get an ordinance to allow for backyard chickens. The county has held two public hearings with a lot of positive input from the public. It will be going to the County Board of Supervisors for approval on April 19th. I have spoke with many County Supervisors and it looks like it will be passed. This will allow us to have up to 8 chickens or ducks (no roosters).

I have passed that "Mad City Chickens" DVD out to many of my friends, family and Town & County Supervisors. It has gotten a lot of people interested in this hobby.
smile.png

We are now reading books about chickens, planning out the coop & run, and visiting this forum a lot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom