How many people truly have "Backyard" Chickens?

How much land do you live on?

• Half Acre or Less

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Half acre to an Acre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-5 Acres

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 5-10 Acres

• 10+ Acres

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 100+ Acres

• Total voters
We have a little over 3 ackers but are home is surrounded by corn fields and cattle fields, (over 100 ackers around us) but we just got a couple good ole girls that are more of pets, over fed pigs, or extra kids (what ever you wanna call them) .....and someday soon I hope for a dog.....
fl.gif

We have two and a half acres, but alas it is just a rental property. About half of it is overgrown with tall grass and old fruit trees, and an abandoned house too. The usable backyard space is probably about 1/4 acre. We have a nice big chicken run, 25X50 for our 24 birds. I would like to free range them but there's dogs and coyotes and stray cats around. So, yes, they are backyard chickens!
big_smile.png

I just noticed that iffin you have 5 acres that you have two choices in the poll. I am on 5 acres and my chickens are behind the houses so they are back yard chickens.

We have 6. Our house is at the edge of a ridge that goes down into the swamp. The open area between the house and more forest to the left is the "front yard" and the area to the right and the forest is the "back yard." Then we have another open area at the far end of the pond known as "the far end of the pond." The rest is all dense cedar swamp

3.5 acres
thumbsup.gif

Our Log Cabin sits back 400 ft of the main road
woot.gif

we just lov it
celebrate.gif

My Chickens and Turkeys sit back 200 ft more from the house
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Alan

Back