How many roosters do I have?

KyloChicken

Chirping
Oct 7, 2023
Hi everyone,

I hatched out 2 eggs from my own flock (white Brahma) and bought 5 more chicks (“Blue” Laced Wyandottes) from the feed store. None of the birds were sexed. They are 7.5 weeks old today and I’m starting to think I got mainly roosters. 😅 I get very attached (so does my husband) so if my gut feeling is right I guess we’ll be building a separate rooster pen. 😂

First the 2 Brahma:
IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7459.jpeg

Now the 5 Wyandottes:
IMG_7456.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

IMG_7454.jpeg
IMG_7457.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

Right now, I don't see any thing that pops out to me about roosters. I do agree with what was said above. Watch those two. If you don't see the combs/wattles getting bigger that I would say that you have a females!!

Right now, I don't see any thing that pops out to me about roosters. I do agree with what was said above. Watch those two. If you don't see the combs/wattles getting bigger that I would say that you have a females!!
I’ll count that as an early Christmas present 😂 we call them the itty bitty chicken committee and they are the worst behaved bunch of young chickens we’ve ever had…that’s what made us think they’re all roos😅 even our big patient dog and the two grown roosters are about done with their bs 😂

All of the Wyandottes look like girls to me! Rascal is a girl as well. I think CJ is probably a male.
Also, to me the Wyandottes look to be Golden Laced instead of Blue Laced. Teddy may be a Blue Laced, but the rest are definitely Golden Laced.
Oh I love to hear that! 😍
I’ve already started to accept my fate that spending extra money on “blue” laced Wyandottes might not have been my smartest move haha 😅😂 but the black lacing on gold is beautiful too, so I’m not gonna complain 👍

Back
Top Bottom