How many sell chicks at Easter?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicksgalore, Mar 4, 2009.

1. chicksgalore

chicksgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Just wondering if any of you hatch/sell your chicks around Easter time? Are you able to sell them all?

2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Local feed stores sell hundreds of them for easter. I don't see why you couldn't sell them then also. Just have to advertise or set up somewhere to get exposier. Good luck

3. hooksetz

hooksetz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Yep, and with each sale give them a card with your info.. Then after Easter you'll get more than half of them given back to you. The novelty wears off fast.

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    So many people buy chicks for Easter and don't have the slightest idea of how to care for them.

The newness wears off in a couple of weeks (if they survive that long) and then you have lots of people trying to give them away or they are pratically forgotten about or mistreated.

Personally I will not sell chicks at Easter.

5. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I agree. It's a nice thought, but that cute yellow fluff goes away fast. Personally, I think "teenage" chicks are hysterical, all gawky and patchy looking... BUT most people get chicks on Easter as a novelty. I'm sure you would sell lots, but maybe not to great homes.

[​IMG]

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    the only chicks I sell at easter are to 4H kids or people i know, that know how to take care of them.

7. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I sell all of them except those beautiful golden Buff Orpingtons [​IMG] ; my precious!!! [​IMG] Just kidding, actually Easter is usually the kick-off of selling chicken season! Last year I sold out of hens April 1st; no Im not joking! Luckily this year there has been more people selling hens local.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by