How many silkies could this hold comfortably ?

Chicken Woman

Incredible Egg
11 Years
Oct 16, 2008
Montana
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=191610-86933-SS2100&lpage=none

Thanks
wink.png

chicken women how many do you have? because you won't be able to hold many in that dog house i'm afraid

Right now Im keeping 5 silkies in a 4x4 coop. Yet the coop has a Huge run attached which they stay in most the time. They practicly only use the coop to stay in during rain or cold weather. (and soon to lay eggs in)

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a 8 x 8 x6 coop for my standards with a 20 x 10 run and I do let them free range at least one to two hours a day. They would share the run with my 11 standards. IM getting 6 silkies and I have one showgirl.

I don't want to have to build this one so was looking for something premade that won't cost a fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:
well yeah, prebuilt stuff is very expensive if you want the quality stuff
I would still recommend building it yourself though, it won't cost nearly as much

yeah, I'd recommend building it yourself too... I know it seems better to just pay for something, but in the long run, you can build a bigger, better coop for less money, which is what they'll need... I think that dog house may be a tad small. If you don't get too cold of weather though, and they have lots of room to run around outside,they may be ok:)

well said tonijohnson927
it looks a bit small to me too, I would just build something myself, it's not as hard as people think it is
smile.png

I have decided to buy this and insulate it myself. A friend gave me 2 sheets of 1 1/2 inch foam insulation board and 2 big sheets of wood paneling so O can put up insulation , paneling and it should be warm in winter and cool in summer.

I think the size is better and it will be easier to get into to clean etc. I don't mind the price as I have a 20% off coupon and they are shipping it to the store here for free.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8465010

Thanks for your advice.

you will probably need to modify it more than just adding the insulation, but it looks like a fair enough deal
hope it works out well

Back
Top Bottom