How many times a week do i give apple cider vineger in water. Like 3 times a week or like everyday

This is a matter of opnion, but I've read it's best to give ACV for one week out of the month. So that's what I've always done. I read it's best and benefits them if given for one week each month. I know some give it daily but since I read that article, that's what I do. I don't want their bodies becoming overly acidic. That's just my opinion. I'm sure others will do it differently. I DO give a probotic daily to my flock as I feel they get more of a benifit from that. The probotic adds beneficial bacteria into their systems and once it colonized it can actually fight off bad bacteria that may enter the gut. It keeps their systems balanced and thank God they never get dierhea or upset guts. The whole flock chicks included can greatly benefit from a good daily probotic. I use probios I order online but tractor supply carries a good probotic as well, it's called poultry pro vita. It's a vitamin mixed with probotic. In my opnion a good probotic has more benifit then acv. But ACV with the mother is a good source of vitamin and nutrients. So I choose to give the probotic daily and the ACV one week a month. I know every ones different and will have different opinions on acv. That's just how I do it. I really hope this helps and hope you would consider adding a good probotic to your flock as well. Good luck to you and your flock.

We add it to their water regularly, probably every 2-3 days. We probably do it more during stressful times such as molting, cold weather, new additions, etc. They seem to prefer it versus just plain water and there are lots of benefits. I don't know as if there are any hard and fast rules as to how often to add it.

I'm a newby and am just reading this thread. Why do you give apple cider vinegar? Thanks

Jetdog is right - don't use ACV in galvanized waterers. The acid in the ACV causes the zinc to leach from the metal and it makes the water unhealthy to drink.

Candidly, we're not big fans of usiing ACV in water unless you want to reduce algae growth in your waterer. Despite all the recommendation posted on the Internet, there's no evidence that ACV provides any particular health benefit to either people or chickens. If you would like to look at the scientific research on the subject you can check out our article: Don't Use ACV.

Back
Top Bottom