how many which breed keep changing my mind

kipepeo

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NC KS
Ok so after the chicken experience last year I am want to get some ducks this year along with more chickens of course. I first wanted runners then buff, then magpies and now I think I have settled on black swedish but how many and which sex all female all male 1 male with girls I don't know these are mostly just for pets. Or maybe black magpies with swedish efowl is the only place that has both. I would be housing them in the below building and dividing up the only other sure thing in there is that I want to get some banties and they will be in there somewhere

32511_013.jpg

front
I had new windows without screens put in last year because this was to be a playhouse for my son but now with this addiction I think I will divide it in half or thirds not sure yet.

32511_011.jpg

back these two windows and there is one on the west sidet that still have screens for ventilation

There are 2 doors on the south side and 1 door on the east that opens into a cement foundation that was probably a screen room like the coop I am using for the chickens. My propane tank is right next to this but I do not foresee a problem with this unless someone nows something I don't.

I am babbling on so will post this the way it is and revise later time to go out for hamburger night

I would imagine most folks here would love to have an old building like that one pictured.............of the breeds you named, I like the Buff (Orpington) ducks the most. All the ones you listed would be easy keepers and make good pet ducks. Check local first, Craigslist, newspaper ads and those local to you on the forums. Many of those breeds should also be available from your local Agway or TSC.

giffy
------------------

I'm like you....had thought about runners, then thought I had my mind set on black Swedish; but now, thanks to Nettie, DuckFeeder & flock, runners may be back in first place. I'd like to get some of both, but I can only have 3 in city of Portland, OR. Of course, they will be in a backyard with a 6-foot privacy fence, so maybe they will send 3 of each.....oops, sorry dear husband, they sent the wrong order...LOL!! Good luck in figuring out what you want!

Back
Top Bottom